District wise Furniture Units in Meghalaya

As per Section 3 Meghalaya Forest (Removal of timber) (Regulation) Act 1981, no person shall transport timber outside the State and no Timber depot shall be set up without license from competent Authority (DFO Territorial). The license is granted for a period of one year which is subject to renewal.

No person shall set up Furniture unit without obtaining NOC from Forest Department. An application shall be submitted to DFO (Territorial) along with land documents and undertaking to supply sawn timber from licensed saw mills

List of Furniture Units Pdf Icon (493 kb)